Ladies' Small Groups:
Periodically, small groups such as Bible Study groups for women will be formed. Please check the Small Groups page for more info.
About United Methodist Women:
Since the Missionary Society formed in 1879, which gradually evolved into today's United Methodist Women, the PUMC unit has NEVER ceased functioning!
"I now remind you to stir into flame the gift of God which is within you."
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know GOD and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The organized unit of
United Methodist Church, combines the Cross and Flame. The cross and flame are ancient symbols of Christ and Pentecost. The shape of the emblem is fluid and free flowing, suggesting change and mobility.
The official emblem for United Methodist Women, as well as for the
One of the objectives of UMW is to deepen the spiritual lives of women so they might be led to bring in consecrated money to be used for mission work both at home and in areas around the country and the world. Giving makes mission possible. It provides food, shelter, education, employment, healthcare, and human rights advocacy for many living in the margins of society.
More info on joining a Circle:
For more information on United Methodist Women or to contact a UMW leader about joining, please call the church office at 987-1852.
UMW Circles at Perry UMC:
All circles meet September - May, but do not meet in June, July, or August. This unit of UMW begins and ends the meeting year with a covered dish supper for all members. It is as time to enjoy fellowship with other Christian women in a delightful program. They also enjoy a Christmas Tea in December, a long tradition at PUMC.
Say So Circle
- Meets the second Monday of the month at 12:00 noon in the fellowship hall.
- Bring a sandwich, side, and dessert; beverage will be provided.
- Supports the Methodist Home for Children (opens in new window or tab)
- Generally attended by ladies over 55 who are retired
- Meets the second Monday of the month at 7:00 PM in the home of the hostess (watch The Messenger for hostess)
- Supports the Church Library and Historical Room.
- Mainly attended by active ladies, some still working
Mary Martha Circle
- Meets the second Monday of the month at 7:00 PM in the fellowship hall
- Supports the Women's Hope Center, a crisis pregnancy center
- Mainly attended by a younger group of women, mostly working moms
How Can We Help Stop Slavery in Middle Georgia TODAY?
Slavery still exists today and some of it is happening right here in Middle Georgia. Please go to our Events page on this topic for more information.
Report on the 2010 Ladies Retreat
43 - That's the number of ladies who came to laugh, paint, and listen at the ladies retreat on February 26 and 27. Read all about it and see the Photo Album on the Event page!