The Nursery Is Open!
Serving babies under the age of four, The Garden is open during every church sponsored function, including some that may not be listed here and special events.
- Worship Services and Sunday School-
8:45 a.m. to noon. and during Sunday evening service.
- Children's Choir - Wed. 3:45 to 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday Night Supper - 5:15 to 6:30 p.m.
- Adult Choir Rehearsal - Wed. night from 6:45 to 8:15 p.m.
- Mom's Bible Studies offered throughout the year.
Our nursery is staffed by workers over the age of 17. The wear matching shirts and will be happy to answer any questions and provide you with a copy of nursery policies and procedures.
Nursery Policies and Procedures:
Need a copy
Maps Can Help!
The nursery is located on the 1st floor of the Education Building.
Education Building Floor Plans
What to bring:
- 2 or 3 disposable diapers (no cloth diapers please)
- A complete change of clothing, just in case
- Pacifier or other item if your child needs it for security
- Milk, formula, juice, or water in a bottle or a screw-on lid sippy cup (no disposable cups with snap on lids, please)
- A snack, if you feel your child will need it. Nursery staff will also provide Cheerios, animal crackers, and goldfish.
Checking in your child:
A nursery worker will meet you at the gate to receive your child and any other necessary items. You will be given an ID bracelet and you may take a pager. If you are needed in the nursery, you will be paged. The pager vibrates only, so please hold it or wear it at all times.
After completing the check in process, simply wave a quick goodbye and depart. If your child does not stop crying after an extended period of time (10 minutes), we will page you to return.
Picking up your child:
We ask that you return the pager when you pick up your child, along with the ID bracelet. A child will not be released to a parent or any other adult without presentation of the ID bracelet. A child also cannot be released to a sibling for safety reasons.
Parents are required to pick up children as soon as possible at the close of each church activity. Please do not enter the nursery; instead, wait for the nursery worker to bring your child to the gate. Please make sure that all your child's personal belongings have been returned to you before leaving. Lost and found items will be retained for a short time. Items not claimed after one month are donated to a charitable organization.
Nursing Mothers Room
A room is available within the nursery for breastfeeding your child. A comfy chair is available for Mom! Please ask a nursery worker if you need directions to this room during your visit to Perry United Methodist Church.